UWIN is the name of the network found in many of the buildings and some common areas around campus.
Connecting to UWIN
- Open your device's Wireless Connection Settings (consult your specific device's help for more information)
- Connect to UWIN if not automatically connected
- You will be prompted for a passphrase.
NOTE: If you are not prompted to enter the passphrase, you will have to 'tell' your device to 'forget' the UWIN network, then reconnect. (Consult your device's help for more information)
The passphrase for the appropriate wireless network can be found HERE.
- Open your device's web browser.
- Upon your first time connecting to the wireless network on campus, you will need to register your wireless device. If you have not done so, the web browser will be redirected to the NetReg page which allows you to register your device.
Please contact the IT Help Desk at 337-482-HELP (4357) if you have a non-PC wireless network device that is not web browser capable.
University Staff and Students that have meetings, conferences, or other guests on campus may request special access for their visitors. The special access must be requested prior to the event by a faculty or staff member with a valid CLID by contacting the Information Networks Office at 337-482-6418 or firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting special UWIN-MTG or ResGuest Meeting Access. When submitting request, please provide date and time and what the event is for.