All technology resources on campus require you to log in with your specific C.L.ID & password combo. The Office of Information Technology (OIT) maintains the Common Logon IDentification (C.L.ID) that was created when you became a member of the UL Lafayette campus community.
- UCS accounts allow you to log in to campus computers, the wireless system (UWIN & ResNet), ULINK, and other technology resources. Every member of UL Lafayette will have a UCS account.
New UCS Account
Students - Your C.L.ID/username is automatically generated and will be listed on most correspondence from the University.
Once you have been notified of your acceptance into the University and are eligible to register for classes, your CLID/username will be automatically activated and you will be able to create a password for your account online.
Faculty and Staff - Your new hire process will generate your C.L.ID/username.
Once you have met and completed your paperwork with Human Resources, your C.L.ID/username will be automatically activated and you will be able to create a password for your account online.
Creating UCS Password
You will need to create a password for your UCS account, you may do so via the ONLINE PASSWORD CREATE UTILITY.
Once you enter in your C.L.ID into this utility, you will be prompted to answer 3 security questions. The answers to these questions are sensitive to case as well as formatting. See examples below.
- What is your date of birth? Format answer using the 2 number month, 2 number day, and 4 number year INCLUDING the dashes (ex. 01-01-1990)
- What email address did you use on your University application? The email address the University has on file for you, in all lower case letters (ex. email@example.com)
- What is the City/Town you were born in? The City/Town must begin with a capital letter and NOT include the State (ex. Lafayette)
- What are the last 4 digits of your SSN? Include ONLY the last 4 digits (ex. 0000)
The Online Password Create Utility will be unable to recognize your responses as correct if you stray from the format listed above.