Ring Ping is the term used to describe a phone experiencing incomplete ringing. If you are experiencing this, try these steps:
- Pick up the handset.
- Dial #3 (turns off forwarding) and listen for the confirmation tones.
- Hang up.
- Pick up the handset and dial #6 (turns off No Calls) and listen for the confirmation tones.
- Hang up. Does this correct the problem? (If yes, then stop. If no, proceed with the following questions and instructions.)
- Is it a special black digital telephone with “8410D” above the display or “8434DX” on the face of the phone? (If yes, STOP and go to step 4. If no, continue with the following questions and instructions.)
- Swap the telephone and the cord going to the wall with a working telephone and cord. Does it work with the swapped phone in place? (If yes, stop and complete Analog Replacement procedures. If no, go to step 4.
Request more help. (select Repair when prompted with "What do you need help with?"