Analog & Digital Phones
Accessing Your Voicemail
To access the Audix (voice mail) system at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette on campus, dial VM# (86#). If you are off campus, dial 482-MAIL (6245).
- Dial VM# (86#). If you are off campus, dial 482-MAIL (6245).
- Dial your 5 digit extension and #
- Enter password and #
To obtain your initial password for Audix, please follow these instructions:
- If you are Faculty or Staff, complete the digital telephone service webform and select voicemail password reset when prompted.
- If you are a student, please contact your resident dorm counselor.
Temporary passwords given should be 5 digits to prompt the user to reset. The first time that you use the temporary password you will be required to change it. You may want to be prepared with a password that is easy for you to remember, difficult for other to guess, and is between 8 and 15 digits long.
TIP: Use the letters on the keypad to form words that are easy to remember voicemail passwords.
To record your greeting, once logged in:
- Press 3 from the Activity Menu
- Listen to a summary of active greetings
- Press 1 to record or re-record a greeting
- Enter a number (1-9) for the greeting
- Speak greeting at the tone
- Press 1 to stop or pause
- Edit your message by pressing 1 to continue, press 2 3 to play back, or *D to delete.
- Press # to approve
- Press # to leave the greeting inactive or follow the prompts to activate the greeting.
Recording Your Name
To record your name, once logged in:
- Press 5
- Press 5 again from the activity menu
- Say your name after the tone
- Press 1
- Press 1 to re-record (return to step 2) or press 23 to play back
- Press # to approve
Record and Send Messages- Press 1.
Get and Respond to Messages- Press 2.
Create Personal Greetings- Press 3.
Check Outgoing Messages- Press 4.
Change Password/Create Lists/Personal Directories- Press 5.
Scan Messages Quickly- Press 7.
- Help *H or *4
- Return to Activity Menu *R or *7
- Delete *D or *3
- Undelete **U or **8
- Wait *W or *9
- Transfer Out of System *T or *8
- Look up Name/Ext.in Directory **N or **6
- Exit System **X or **9
- Hold Message in Category **H or **4
- Use While Addressing:
- Alternate Addressing(switch between name/ext.) *A or *2
- Use Mailing List *L or *5