WebAID WILL NOT work with any Java release newer then Java 8u161.
To install the correct Java release on a Windows machine:
STEP 1 - Uninstall Java 8u171
Uninstall Java 8U171 from Windows
STEP 2 - Download Java 8u161
Download installer for Java 8u161
- STEP 3 - Run Java installer
- STEP 4 - Close ALL open browsers
- STEP 5 - Confirm Java settings listed below for PC
STEP 6 - Access WebAID via Internet Explorer
You may be prompted to click "Activiate Java"
Choose "Later" when promoted to update
If prompted, click "Run"
- Open the Control Panel on your machine and find Java
- Click on Java App
- In Java Console box, click the Security tab
- In the Security tab, click Edit Site List.
- Add https://webaid.louisiana.edu to the site list
- Click Apply
- Click the Advanced tab
- In the Advanced tab, scroll down
Under the Advanced Security Settings, UNCHECK the follow options:
Use SSL 2.0 Compatible ClientHello format
Use TLS 1.1
Use TLS 1.2
- Apply and close
- Close Internet Explorer, then reopen
Due to recent Mac OS updates, WebAID no longer accessible directly through any browser on a Mac.
However, a remote connection has been established to provide Mac users an option to complete their timesheets.
For WebAID access on a Mac, please follow these instructions.
The provided Mac instructions will ONLY work if you are located on campus or connected to the campus VPN.
If you are located off campus, only have access to a Mac and do not have a VPN account please contact Payroll for an alternative timesheet solution.