The standard offering for new phone service is Mitel VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol). VoIP technology offers a variety of advanced features and gives you the freedom to move your phone from one office to another within the same building without having to place a service call.
University IT continues to support existing legacy Single- and Multi- Line phones, but these services cannot be extended to new buildings. We are working with University departments to move from Ouitel to Mitel VoIP as new buildings are planned and brought online.
Note: VoIP phones plug into a network port instead of a phone port. MiCollab is also provided to extend phone services to "soft phones" on computers and mobile devices.
Below is a list of current knowledge articles relating to telephone services:
- MiCollab: Managing Contacts
- MiCollab: Using the Chat feature
- MiTeam - Team Collaboration - User Training
- Mitel 5550 IP Console
- Mitel 6900 series Phone Training
- Mitel 6940
- Mitel UC360 Conference / Video Phone
- MiVoice Business Console
- MiVoice Conference/Video Phone User Training
- Mobile Phone and Data Service
- Network Services Request Forms
- NuPoint Unified Messaging User Training [Voice Mail]
- Receiving Calls in Error
- Ring Ping
- Student Long Distance
- Telephone Service Requests